Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bats in the cave.

My biggest fear in life is believing that I'm great at something, but really I'm absolutely terrible, and NO ONE says anything. It's common for us to bend the truth because we're afraid to "hurt someone's feelings." It's like that kid who has a booger hanging, everybody sees it yet no one dares to mention its presence. From this point forward, no sugar-coating anything. I don't want to find out ten years down the road, I'm not actually good at making milkshakes. Seems unimportant in your eyes, but to me, it's more serious than Einstein's focus during a chess-match.

Beading around the bush is the queer of conversations. No one enjoys listening to it. Take the mask off. Get to the point, be honest, and respect will be given. Feelings can, and most likely will be hurt, but its necessary in the entire scheme of things. Imagine if Eve told Adam, "I am who I am, and if you don't like it, deal with it." Girls would've never had to start wearing makeup, correct? My historical knowledge is ridiculously accurate.

When it comes down to it, telling someone the truth, can save a lot of embarrassment. Just picture all the headaches we could've spared Randy Jackson if people simply told their friends auditioning for American Idol isn't a good idea.

Together as the population on this world we should vow to be straight forward with each other; tell people they got some bats in the cave, their milkshakes taste like urine, and in a British accent - That was tremendously horrendous. Stop singing.

-J.Stamos.

6 comments:

  1. This is a nice twist compared to lots of the very serious-toned things people have been posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I loved the part about Randy Jackson and "That was tremendously horrendous." I like you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be completely honest. I love your blog. Keep it up- you're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be completely honest. I love your blog. Keep it up- you're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you have a bat in the cave. Oh wait, never mind. It's just a shadow.

    I love this post. I actually have a lesson very close to this. Because I think a lot of people are afraid of this very thing. If I suck, just tell me, right? But here's the problem: who's the judge? Maybe I think you're terrible, but that doesn't prove anything. It's just my opinion. And whose opinions should we trust?

    I'm with you. If I'm no good, I sure wish someone would tell me. But then again, I hope I can have the strength to ignore them and keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love your blog. Like, you're hilarious and somehow meaningful at the same time. Not to mention I'm really quite jealous of the way you ended this post. Props to you.

    ReplyDelete