Sunday, February 24, 2013

BOO. 'cause it sounds like it's supposed to scare you.

I had moved on so it was time to break up with her.  Was I afraid of the situation I know I had to face? Not really.  Was I somewhat scared? Yes.
After I broke up with her, we hugged.  That was the scariest part.  She hugged me the tightest she ever had, she squeezed me and wouldn't let go.  She was easily one of the worst huggers I've dated because she always gave me inelegant one-arm leaners as if she took them for granted.  Well, SHE TOOK THEM FOR GRANTED, and now I'm afraid.
Am I afraid of commitment?  Probably.  It makes me anxious.
Do I want commitment?  Do I seek that which I'm most terrified of? Yes, which is so frightening if you think about it.

There's an annoying junior in high school who follows me around like I'm a banana and he's a monkey.  He won't leave my side.  Am I afraid of him?  No. I could knock-him-out in 5 seconds and still have time to walk my dog.  Am I afraid of why he follows me around?  Yes. There is the slim possibility he's secretly gay, and he's attracted to me.  *shudder* Gross.

I'm afraid that Mr. Smith the calculus teacher is an arcane serial-killer.  Why?  Because that's the last thing someone would assume about him.  There's something about him and his personality that is just NOT RIGHT.
Now I'm afraid he will read this, and I just put myself next on his "hit-list".

I'm not afraid of much, and no I don't think I'm a tough guy.  Just, not much in this world is meaningful enough to scare me.  Well, I'm afraid of cold feet, but that's a whole different story.

For some reason I come off as an intimidating person.  I don't know why.  People just assume I'm rude I guess.
BOO!
That's about as scary as I get.

I'm afraid of the future.  It's one of my biggest fears.  What if I never become the person I strive to be?  What if I develop a rare cancer and die at the age 40 leaving a wife and 4 kids left with no husband or father?

What if.... What if....
I FEAR "WHAT IF'S"..... because the possibility of crafting these "what if's" is endless..
What if I woke up to a monkey beating me with a rotten banana until I bleed...? Random.  But not impossible.  Especially if the monkey is that junior I mentioned who follows me around.

I'm afraid of addictions.  Addictions have tortured my extended family and friends for generations.
ADDICTIONS.  Something that seems so harmless at first can completely take-over and control your life.
My uncle has told me that he knows he will eventually have to stand before the judgement-seat and tell our Savior, that ALCOHOL was his Master.
I fear that I will succumb to an inanimate object, a worthless noun, an unintelligent verb, and let it destroy me.
I DO HAVE FEARS.  I fight my fears.  I fear my fears.  My fears will never consume me.

"It is the curse of an addict to chase the thing that destroys you..." - Shane Hawley.

-J.Stamos.

No comments:

Post a Comment