Monday, February 25, 2013

Writers block my shots.

Writers block.  Everyone gets it, so I decided I'm going to address it.
Why do we get writers block?  I'm sure even Shakespeare and Dr. Seuss had their bad-days where they couldn't create anything good (yes I categorize those two together).

I hate Writers Block.  He always comes at the wrong time.  Fashionably late, although never in fashion.
Writers Block is the King Party-Pooper, trust me, he poops.
Writers Block is cousins with Frustration.  Those two are always together.  Sometimes I wonder if they are secretly a couple, which is wrong on so many levels.
Writers Block and Frustration are always hanging out with Confusion who only speaks spanish, which makes him so hard to understand.
Watch out for those three, they like to jump you with their broken pencils and red-ink handguns which shoot blank stares.  They come out when you least expect it.

Writers block is fake.  Writers block is not real.  Writers block does not exist, yet we all claim it here and there.

What kind of block are we talking about?

BLOCK of wood.
Getting BLOCKED by Shaq.
BLOCK in the neighborhood where the Bloods n' Crips chill.
Maybe BLOCKbuster because Redbox took over the nation's media.

Hmm....

Why write? You all already said it.  You all already said it.  I already said that.
You all already said it before me, and better than I ever would have.
Writing is pointless.  I've got no cliches, no metaphors, no similes, no jokes, no.
Writing is for the creative, writing is for the new.  Writing is for those who understand how to complicate then concentrate.  Writing is for you.  Writing is not for me.
Writing..... Writing....  Writers block 101.  Writers block my shots.  Writers block the passing lane.  Writers block the flock from migrating.  Writers are stubborn.  Writers block.

-J.Stamos.

1 comment:

  1. Holy.

    There were a lot of random lines that made no sense to me. But there were also a lot of gems. I love the last paragraph. "I've got no cliches, no metaphors, no similes, no jokes, no."

    I love that Confusion speaks Spanish.

    ReplyDelete