Sunday, March 3, 2013

I stare down death with a smile.

I sit in a congested room. So many people. Smiles everywhere and at least two crying babies.
Why is everyone SO happy? I know why. There is no boundaries or limits in this building. People spill out their thoughts and feelings like a drunk spills his Budweiser while watching the Super Bowl. Anyways, this is REAL happiness. We smile because we know something that most the world can't even grasp the concept of. Life. And death.

The man two rows down to the left of me just lost his beloved wife to cancer. BUT, he's smiling and wiping tears as another peer bears testimony of life. You WILL be with her again.
How can this be? She's dead. You'll never see her again.
Wrong. He smiles because of his knowledge of the plan of salvation. He's a widower on earth but a husband and father in the after-life. Eternity.

I ain't gonna preach to you. But I'll be danged if I don't testify to you.

I couldn't live my life if I didn't have the knowledge I do now. I wouldn't sleep because sleep is the cousin of death. I wouldn't breathe because any second, any minute could be my last, why try? I wouldn't smile because death is just around the corner, always.

Death isn't scary to me. It's only a physical death. My spirit moves on to a world I can't even close to imagine.

There is no beginning. There is no end.

Love God, love man. God be with you til we meet again.

-J.Stamos.

1 comment:

  1. "I ain't gonna preach to you. But I'll be danged if I don't testify to you."

    I got so irritated with these death posts because I know most the people writing them believe the same thing you do and they were trying so hard not to say it. Way to be the one to say it. This stranger is proud of you.

    Also, you are becoming one of my favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete