Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tarzan knows traps.

The first time a girl told me she loved me it was through text, "Love ya, goodnight."
Uhhhh I was a 15 year-old boy with hormones and no knowledge whatsoever of what I was about to get myself into.  Obviously I replied, "Love you too! Night."

Love is a trap.  I understand that I'm about to get my head ripped off by any girl reading this.  Love is a TRAP.  Before you pull out your guillotines and start chanting "Off with your head" like the Queen of Hearts, wait to see what I have to say first.  Love is a trap.  Yes, I literally mean a trap like a bear-trap in Alaska, or a "pickle" in the game of baseball.  There is one way in, and no way out.  Even if you're over it and say, "I no longer love _____", you still gave away something that you can never receive back.  Your emotions, your tears, your favorite necklace (I'm still bitter about that one); your love will not be given back fully in return.  Somewhere along the "trail-of-love" you deposited a down-payment without realizing it.  NO refunds, NO returns.  Unless you're a Great White Shark, don't plan on getting out of the fish-tank without losing an arm, a leg, an eye, or acquire a gimpy-fin like our beloved Nemo.

Now, here's the other meaning behind my statement "Love is a TRAP".  I don't believe I ever said that being in a trap is a bad thing.  Think of the one person you WOULD want to be trapped on an island with, or stuck in an elevator with, do you love them?  I'll take that as a yes.  If I was trapped on an island with my future wife or girlfriend who I absolutely love, I'd be okay with it. Why?  First, because I'd teach myself how to surf.  Second, my wife would make me an unlimited supply of pina colada's.  Third, I'd be able to show-off my manliness by building a house out of bamboo, and wrestling monkeys to the death.  And last-but-not-least, I'd get to spend 24 hours a day with the one I love.  Love is a TRAP.  True love is something you want to be so wrapped-up in, that you're glad you're stuck with them forever.  Where every second of your life you're either with them, or thinking about being with them.

Statistics say 99.9% of marriages end in divorce.  Or maybe it's 50%.  All I know is one pf those is about divorce, and the other may be about hand-sanitizer, I'm not completely sure.  I just hope that my Jane is out there, and I can be her Tarzan.  Purposely trapping ourselves on an island and forever loving each other without end.

J.Stamos.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your posts! I love your personality, and how you use your voice in your writing! Thanks for always putting a smile on my face with what you write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this post. I totally understand what you mean by "Love is a trap" (which, by the way, I stole that line.) Thanks for the insight and another opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "True love is something you want to be so wrapped-up in, that you're glad you're stuck with them forever."

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Even if you're over it and say, "I no longer love _____", you still gave away something that you can never receive back. Your emotions, your tears, your favorite necklace (I'm still bitter about that one); your love will not be given back fully in return."

    Never really thought of it like that before...very true. I like this post a lot.



    ReplyDelete