Sunday, May 26, 2013

Don't tell me this hurts less than a broken bone...

I've followed all the rules. I kept my mouth shut and opened it when appropriate.

Sometimes my life feels like a poorly reffed soccer game.
I've played clean, and showed good sportsmanship, yet the referee still decided to call a foul and give me a yellow card for no reason.

I had two options.
1. Turn around and keep playing the game. Tighten my laces, adjust my shinguards, and wipe the grass stains off my shorts.
2. Argue with the ref and risk the possibility of receiving a second yellow card for dissent.

Dissent is not the way to go.

Although I play soccer and yes, this is a possible scenario... this is an analogy to my life right now.
I've stayed in-bounds, shared the ball with my teammates, and put away a few goals myself, but life isn't allowing me to win. I imagined myself raising the trophy and having it all to myself. I looked forward to the future when I could call myself a champion. We could share this experience together.

I do play soccer, and yes this is all real. But this is an analogy to my life in general.
We would've been the perfect team.
I'd pass the ball and get the assists, you'd shoot the ball and score the goals.
But right now I'm sitting the bench and you're the all-star.

Maybe I'll get my chance.
Or maybe not.
Who knows.

-J.Stamos.

No comments:

Post a Comment