Monday, May 13, 2013

Just a thought.

I've watched dozens of people with near-perfect lives complain and complain about small difficulties.
They complain about things like not having enough time to get ready for the day, and a pony-tail is a rough-day.
They complain about things like their younger siblings borrowing their clothes without asking and running out of chocolate milk.

I'm not saying my life is difficult and hard, nor am I saying it's perfect.
I'm not saying I've never complained about something meaningless and stupid either.

But as I watch people who've gone through hell and back act happier than these other people, I'm so confused.
One of the happiest girls I know had the experience of watching her dad ditch her family for another woman.
One of the happiest guys I know got his girlfriend pregnant at age 18 and had to figure out a life he wasn't prepared for.
One of the happiest girls I know lots BOTH her parents to a murder-suicide.

Don't complain about your broken iPhone or your scuffed-up kicks.

If these people who've been through the lowest-lows are still always able to put a smile on their face, so can I, and so can YOU.
Happiness is an essential key to enjoying life.

We just need to focus on the good things.

-J.Stamos.

No comments:

Post a Comment